USS Midway Battlegroup
Credits and thanks
Thank you for your interest in our Midway class package. We have tried hard to represent the look and feel of a Vietnam era battle group. First of all, we would like to let you know who the people behind the package are:
- Alex Vletsas: Carrier model, aircraft statics, ship detailing, texturing
- Panayiotis Delizisis: Destroyer and Oiler base models, aircraft statics, texturing
- Farley-Kelly Masterton: CarrierExtensions v2.0 coding
The following sections are devoted to the product as a user manual, allowing you to utilize the carrier group to its full capability and familiarize yourself with its features.
While downloading and installing, be sure that your antivirus software is turned off, otherwise there is a high probability of a corrupt installation.
- The F-4B/N Phantom II is compatible with Flight Simulator X:Acceleration/Gold, Flight Simulator X:Steam Edition, Prepar3Dv2 and Prepar3Dv3. If you wish to have one installation for every simulator you own, you need to run the installer again for each one. The installer will automatically detect the path to your simulator's main folder and install the files there.
- The next important step is selecting which lighting version to install. We have provided two versions of cockpit lighting:
- An adjustable lighting version that allows you to independently control each light in the aircraft's cockpit as in the real thing. This version requires a DX10 capable video card. You do not need to activate FSX's DirectX 10 preview mode for it to work!.
- A basic version that utilizes the default lighting system. This version is compatible with older graphics cards. It is essentially an on/off toggle that illuminates both cockpits with floodlights.
- Next, the user gets to choose between a TacPack-enabled and a non-TacPack version. The non-TacPack version will allow the user to load the aircraft with weapons, but operation of the RADAR and weapons release will not be possible.
- Switching between TacPack and non-TacPack is possible post-installation by using the configuration app found in the start menu and desktop. Be certain to run as administrator!
- The carrier require our saved flight, AI Carriers or TacPack to appear ingame.
- A saved flight can be find under SimWorks Studios\Saved Flights in the simulator's root folder. Copy that to your FSX/P3D Saved flights folder and you will be able to load the flight
- An AI Carriers configuration file can be found under SimWorks Studios\AICarriers in the simulator's root folder. Copy that to AI Carriers\conf.d to add CVA-43 to the list of available carriers.
For the best possible experience we recommend the settings as shown in the images below.
- Global texture resolution: Maximum
- Advanced animations: ON (Required)
- Target frame rate: 30 (depending on preference it may go higher or lower)